The phrase “dear me” is used in 25 of the 60 original Sherlock Holmes stories. It appears a total of 53 times.
There is absolutely no point to this post. Holmes just kept saying it, and I got curious. Best not to leave me unsupervised… or I’ll do math based on classic literature. Actually, yes. You can totally leave me unsupervised.
Sherlock Holmes and his pipe.
[a sherlockian greeting]
where it isn’t necessarily always 1895
ok i’m officially addicted to making cards now
—>you can enable my addiction here<—
all proceeds will be donated, you know my methods ;)
What is tumblr for is not enabling amazingly cute art?
“It is quite a three-pipe problem, and I beg that you won’t speak to me for fifty minutes.”
CAN WE TALK ABOUT SHERLOCK LEGO? AND HOW IT LOOKS LIKE HES ABOUT TO JUMP
Yes, we can…
Happy 159th Birthday, Sherlock Holmes!
“My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don’t know.”
The Top 10 Suggestive Lines from the Sherlock Holmes Canon
These are all taken directly from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s original text.
- “Mrs. Hudson has been knocked up.” [SPEC]
- “I went to it on my knees.” [EMPT]
- “A sudden ejaculation caused me to wake up.” [TWIS]
- “It’s lucky for you…or you would find yourself in Queer Street.” [SECO]
- “He seemed to take a fancy to me from the first…one thing led to another.” [WIST]
- “In the bathroom…I have just been there, and I have taken it out.” [TWIS]
- “Still, I confess that I miss my rubber. It is the first Saturday night in seven-and-twenty years that I have not had my rubber.” [REDH]
- “I remember nothing until I found myself lying on my bed trembling all over. Then I thought of you, Mr. Holmes.” [COPP]
- “I heard a little sigh of satisfaction as he cuddled the butt into his shoulder, and saw that amazing target.” [EMPT]
- “A week later I found myself in Florence.” [EMPT]